Monday, December 19, 2016

Christmas Week!

River of Lights Display at the ABQ BioPark (Courtesy of AlbuquerqueHomes.com)

Happy Holidays, Feliz Navidad, and Merry Christmas week to all my Misdirected friends! (Happy Feast of Winter's Veil for all my WoW buddies, too.)

The schedule here is going to be weird this week. We'll be spending the second half of the week up north, which will most likely mean that I will not be posting from Wednesday through Friday. Don't panic! I will back to my normal posting schedule on Monday the 26th, and have no additional travel plans for the foreseeable future. Also, big changes are coming to the blog on or around January 1, 2017, so you can rest assured that I will be hard at work getting those ready to rock.

I must have been good this year, because I've already received two early Christmas presents. First, on Saturday night, I was able to get in and comfortably wear a pair of 38-inch waistline jeans for the first time since, like, ever. Back in 2004, my "ultimate fitness achievement" goal was to be able to do just that. It has only taken me 12 years and bariatric surgery to accomplish it, but I have finally arrived.

On the same note, this week's weight check-in revealed that I have finally broken the 210-pound mark. As of this week's weigh-in, I am at 205 pounds - a tantalizing 3 pounds away from a total loss of 100 pounds from my heaviest point, and only 6 pounds from being below 200 for the first time in 20+ years.

I had originally hoped to hit this goal by Christmas Day, and will be coming up a little short. But I think there is a better-than-average chance that I will be entering 2017 at 199 pounds or less.

Best. Christmas. Present. Ever.

Enjoy your event planning and last minute shopping!

Almost Half The Man I Used To Be,

- Hawkwind

No comments:

Post a Comment